Thursday, January 5, 2012

It is a New Year ....

....welcome 2012!!
Wow, I can NOT believe we have started a new year already. My, how time flies! Let's just see how the next 2 and 3/4 go, LOL.
So, we are in our little abode here on Okinawa and have gotten pretty much settled in. We made it through Christmas, enjoyed some time with K afterward and are now getting back into the school, work, and Mom routine. 
Wow, it has been so long since I have written anything on here, although, I do seem to be keeping up with my annual January report! ha ha. I am at a loss for words at the moment, believe it or not. The cool thing is that I added the iPhone app and can scribble, ok, awkwardly type in posts. That may not turn out well. We shall see. 
Let's see since we have gotten here we have survived four holidays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. The kids enjoyed Christmas break, although, they were really missing their friends back in SA. I was trying to keep them entertained. We saw Arthur Christmas, but missed Chipwrecked. We ventured off up north again and went to the Pineapple Park/factory. It was a really cool day trip. We had amazing weather which helped. I have gotten to where I love driving up north because the scenery along the coastal hwy is just beautiful. One of these days I am going to go up and stop at the look out spots and take photos. That is on my list of things to do along with going to the light house on the cape. :) We haven't made it down south yet to the WW2 park, or the glass factory. I heard today that the glass factory and the organized battlefield tour are a must do while stationed here. I am also making a list of things to bring back with me, lol. Ryukyu glass, a tea set, and chop sticks (not that I will ever use them). Driving here is still challenging, but luckily, a girl at the car shop told me today that it will take about a year before I feel comfortable just venturing out on my own. I have learned to keep Yen on me just in case I randomly decide to make a trip to the 100yen store or SanA. I have found that the most challenging thing about venturing off base is the language barrier and that the roads are not always clearly marked. These road signs here a just crazy. My brain is also not doing well converting miles into kilometers or feet into meters. Yeah, I don't do math.
Ok, hopefully, I will have something cooler to write about later. I have a few things bouncing around in my head. 

No comments: