Friday, January 20, 2012

Belated New Years Blessings(more like celebrations)

God really does care about the little things in our lives, even as much as he cares about the big things.
We ladies had a wonderful time in the Lord last night! Wow! We as a group were able to claim victory over our lives and celebrate that together.
Personally, God fixed something in me that has been broken for a long time. Last night I was able to get the best night's sleep that I have had in probably 5 months or so. It was so wonderful to be able to rest in God's peace.  However, the side effect is that I can't stop crying!!! LOL  It's ok though. I have spent the last 6 months trying to suppress my emotions to keep up the "happy" front up.  I have become so robotic in going about my life lately, that I had suppressed so much of what I was actually feeling. All the while justifying it in my head for the good of the family.  When I woke up this morning, it just hit all at once, but I LOVE being broken and open before the Lord. It may not be pretty, but it allows Him to come in and tweak those parts of your heart that need tweaking and heal those wounds that need to be healed! Now, hopefully, I can keep myself out of the way long enough to see what God is going to do or is doing in my life this year.

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I love this, girl! I agree wholeheartedly...when we are weak, HE IS STRONG. I love the mental picture I have of him taking care of me. Have you heard that song by Rascal Flatts called "I Won't Let You Go"? I kept listening to that over and over yesterday, and though it's not a Christian song, I pictured that being about my relationship with my Abba Father. Listen to it...it's a great mental picture of how He loves us.

Love you, girl. Praise God for rest! Keep it up, and stay in the Word!!!

Jen