Wednesday, January 25, 2012

today's devotional!

I am reading Joyce Meyer's Promises for Everyday Life Daily Devotionals
Today's focused on living an life for Christ with boundaries. OUCH, as some of you know, I have dealt with that a lot throughout my life. I have also heard Pastor Wes preach on this recently.  



"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6



Boundaries Have a Purpose!

"Exercising self-control and self-discipline, and establishing boundaries and borders in our life are some of the most important things we can do. A life that has no discipline is one that's filled with carelessness.

The Word of God establishes the necessary boundaries to keep us in God's safety zone. It tells us what we can do, and what we better not do, to be safe.

As Christians we can think it's kind of exciting to live life on the edge. We like the image of "Yeah! That's me! Living on the edge!" It's become a popular way of looking at life. But to be honest, God doesn't want us living on the edge, because if we're living on the edge, then we have no margin for error.

Highways have lines, one on each side and one in the center. These lines provide margins for our safety while we're driving. If we go over the line on one side, we'll go into the ditch. If we cross over the line in the middle, we could get killed. We like those lines because they help keep us safe. 

It's like that in our personal lives, too. When we have boundaries, borders, and margins, we feel much better and experience God's peace.

The key is to go to God's Word, where He has laid out all the boundaries we need to live by. Let God direct your path every day.

Prayer Starter: God, I recognize the need for boundaries in my life. As I read Your Word, show me how to apply Your healthy boundaries in my life today."

Amen!

No comments: