Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Weekly update ... hee hee

OK, while I'm thinking about it I may as well post something! HA

I can not believe that Easter is this coming Sunday! Luckly there is no shortage of things to. There is an Easter egg hunt here on base over at the club. The church we have been attending is also having a big Easter festival thing. They have a sunrise service scheduled at the parade grounds here on base Sun morning. So, we'll be busy. I think they are also having a lunch at the one of both of the dining halls. That will be nice for the trainees here.
Last weekend we spent most of our time doing nothing. The kids played outside most of the day Sat. Sunday they had a water balloon fight with the nieghbor boys. It has been great being able to allow them a little more freedom than we could ever have in Memphis. We don't let them run all over the base housing, but they are allowed to play out with the kids on our street. I got tickled I looked out Sat and there were about 15 kids in front of my house. Some of the bigger kids even walked over to see what ours were up to. I think at that point they were playing soccer in our front yard. We have one of the flatter front yards on the street. The kids really enjoy it. I like our neighbors around us. The kids are all about the same age which helps. I got tickled. I met my neighbor across the street's hubby Sunday and he was amazed. They moved in back in Oct and were just about the only ones on the street. He comes back this spring and we all over the place! There are still several units on our block empty though.
Oh great I just forgot where I was going with all of this.
Oh yeah, I took the kids to see Monsters vs Aliens Sat. It was a great movie. Definatly one to buy and add to the collection.
Ok, I better get going so I can get something accomplished aaround here. I guess I better go see if Keith wants to get up.
Have a great Easter everyone!!
Hugs!!

No comments: