Thursday, January 2, 2014

A New Year

 


As we watched Facing the Giants the other night as a family, I began to reflect on the message within the storyline of the movie.
My favorite line that night had to be "If you walk around like you are already defeated before you ever play the game then of course you are going to loose." (paraphrased)
The more I have thought on this the past couple of days the more those words kept coming back to me. 
Doesn't God want us to walk in victory instead of defeat? I think so. We know that trials, bumps in the road, unraveled plans, whatever you want to call them will all come at some point or another in our lives. And yes, sometimes even more than one at a time.
This verse spoke volumes to me today as I read it. In fact I have been seeing similar posts all over facebook over the last week or two. I know that this coming year will be full of changes, opportunities and challenges. I just pray I can keep my perspective during it all and remember who has laid the path before me and who is in control. I know I have said this before but I am thankful for the stretching, pushing and prodding that the Lord has done in my life over the last couple of years especially. I have learned a lot about myself and about my abilities and about not keeping God in a box. 
I am so nervous about the future but God reminded me ever so gently today that He's got this and that I need to keep an open mind. 
For those of you who know me, know that isn't always easy for the "planner" in me. However, she has gotten a little more easy going over the last few years. 
I wish you all the very best for 2014!!


 

No comments: