Saturday, January 5, 2013

The things that pop into my head during a sermon.....

I know I should be concentrating on what Pastor is preaching but sometimes my ADD takes over and I rabbit trail in my head while he's talking. (Sorry Pastor Wes) Those of you who know me well know my thought process!

So, I was thinking over the last four years and this adventure. Lately, God has brought to my attention a few of the things that he has been teaching me during this time. Today I was reminded of the fact that even though I had attended a big church in a big city, I was a snob. I only hung out with the people that I went to church with. I also had a tendency to be critical. 

God has blessed my life with so many different people over the last few years. That is the cool thing about being a military family. You get to meet people from all walks of life, ethnicities, back grounds and countries. In doing so, I have been stretched beyond my comfort zone. Not that that is bad thing mind you! I know I am a better person for it.
I just hope I have touched those lives as much as they have touched mine! 

No comments: