Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Another Thing....

Now I remember what the something else was that I wanted to add to my last blog entry.
God has really worked on my level of contentment over the last few years. I am not saying that there is anything wrong with having stuff or wanting more out of life. It is the point at which all of that starts to take over your life that becomes the problem. Having a decent career a modest sized house and two cars in the garage is great. I had that. Deep down there was also that constant craving for more, more money, more cool gadgets, more tv channels, more prestige, you get the point.
This military lifestyle has taught me that even though, I may not have the the number of bedrooms or bathrooms that I want, or the amount of storage that I think I need, I can be content in where I am at this moment in time. Unfortunately it may take me a while to get there but trust me, I have gotten so much better.
The one commodity that I could have never gotten back is this time with my family. More precious than any thing else. I am so grateful that God has given me this opportunity to grow and stretch in Him.

2 comments:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

What's that verse in Philippians about being content in all things? I posted that on one of my cabinets years ago when I wanted a new washer/dryer. It's funny what God teaches us about things, isn't it?

Unknown said...

It sure is!!! :)