Sunday, December 30, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year



Wow, I can not believe that 2012 is almost over! I can not believe that we have officially marked off one full year here on Okinawa either. As we were asked to give testimonies around the room about what God had done for us this year this morning at prayer, I was mesmerized by them. It was really amazing to hear what God has been doing in, through and around everyone at our church.

This year has really had it's ups and downs for us as a family. The awesome thing is that we serve a big God who is ready and willing to do anything we ask of Him. I know I have been personally smashed, shoved and stretched. I started out completely numb when we got here then progressed through the anger, depression and a myriad of other emotions. Trust me, not everyone is cut out for this military life and I am still wondering what the heck were were thinking doing this at our age, lol. My mil spouse friends who have been doing this for years are officially my heroes! I still don't know how they do it. The not knowing every two years or so where you will be, moving the kids around, getting the house ready to be packed, unpacking everything and getting it settled, etc. 
Keith and I were talking the other day and discussing our "purpose" for being here. Nothing has turned out quite like we had planned or envisioned. Oh and did I mention we still have another two years here on the island? Thankfully, everything turned out how God planned it! :) God has really blessed me with an amazing group of friends and acquaintances.  We have great neighbors here in our little "cove"/street/hill/neck-o-the-woods, whatever you want to call it. We have a wonderful church family full of great people who will give you the shirt off their back if you need it and Pastors who jump at the chance to love on us.
I am thankful for growing pains. Even though, God has pushed me out of my comfort zone, I know I will come out better for it in the end. I am thankful that God is our Jehovah-Jireh, our faithful provider. When I think that there will never be an end to this debt that has to be paid off, God shows up and says here is a bigger number in your check book! 
Part of me is terrified about what 2013 is going to bring as this will be another year of big decisions in our lives, but at the same time I am a little excited. I know God has big plans, I just hope I am open and receptive to what the year brings. 
In the mean time, like Pastor Chris said this morning, I am going to get off my rear and be an active duty Christian instead of the reservist!
May you all have a happy and blessed 2013.

No comments: