Sunday, November 25, 2012

Asking

This morning during prayer Ms. Carol, was talking about God knowing the desires of our hearts and wanting to bless us with them.
Why as Christian people are we afraid to ask for specific things? At least I know I am. Is it because we may get the answer we are looking for then actually have to act on that thing? Is it because He may have a different plan for us and we may not like the answer we receive? So many times we think we want something but we are not sure we really want it, or are terrified to move forward with something. Thankfully God knows whether or not it is for our benefit or not and the timing in which it should happen.
I am thankful for a loving God who knows the desires of our heart and wants to give them to us. Even the little things.

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I'm enjoying your blog again! Yay! Keep it up, sweet lady. I love that verse, Psalm 37:4...I think we're sometimes afraid to ask b/c we might be scared of the answer. Living life with God is better than any roller coaster I've ever been on! He's always pulling me and stretching me out of my comfort zone...I never know what He's going to do with me, but I wouldn't have it any other way.